| Prahova Valley|
- geographical situation: in the south-east of Romania, in the middle of Muntenia, including the superior and middle basin of the river with the same name and part of the Ialomita basin;
- neighbours: to the south-Ilfov, Ialomita; to the west-Dambovita; to the north-Brasov; to the east-Buzau;
- surface: 4,716 square km (respectively 2% of the country's territory);
- population: 868,000 inhabitants-the density of the population is almost double compared with the average density of the country, the county with the most numerous population in the country;
- towns: PLOIESTI-capital of the county (with 253,000 inhabitants, between the valleys of Teleajenul and Prahova, at 60 km north of Bucharest); Azuga, Baicoi; Boldesti Scaieni; Breaza; Campina; Comarnic; Mizil; Plopeni; Sinaia; Slanic; Urlati; Valenii de Munte.
- relief: in a harmonious landscape, the relief descends slowly from north to south taking the form of an amphitheatre, facing the south and covering different mountains in an equal proportion (in the north, the Bucegi Mountains-Jepii Peak having 2,195 m height, Piatra Arsa Peak with 2,075 m, Omu Peak with 2,505 m, having extremely spectacular elements, interesting genesis and evolution, and next to Caraiman Peak there are some rocks worn out by rain and wind and having the form of mushrooms, they are called "Babele"- "Old Women", Baicul Peak, Ciucas Peak-with heights between 1,771 and 1,956 m, Garbova, Grohotis, Tataru Peaks), hills-Buzau and Prahova 's Sub-Carpathians (in the south, like a series of high or low strips almost parallel with the edge of the mountains, there is the area of low peaks with heights of 1,000 m, the area of the Sub-Carpathians' hills with heights between 800 and 700 m, the hillock area with heights between 700-400 m-Dealul Mare) and fields (a narrow strip of land, Ploiesti High Field at the foot of the mountains).
- climate: it is influenced by relief and geographical situation, in the south the climate is temperate continental of forest steppe, hills and hillocks, and in the north, in the mountains, the climate has a rougher character with winds blowing from the north and north-east;
- watercourses: the Prahova river tributary of the Ialomita river (which has a low valley formed by the Quaternary glaciers), having the following tributary rivers: the Doftana, Teleajan, Cricov rivers.